Ballooning at Mandalay (16/Nov/19 to 15/Mar/20)
The new capital city site was 66 km2 (25.5 sq mi) in area, surrounded by four rivers. The plan called for a 144-square block grid patterned citadel, anchored by a 16 square block royal palace compound at the center by Mandalay Hill.] The 1020-acre (413-hectare) citadel was surrounded by four 2,032 m (6,666 ft) long walls and a moat 64 m (210 ft) wide, 4.6 m (15 ft) deep. At intervals of 169 m (555 ft) along the wall, were turrets with gold-tipped spires for watchmen. The walls had three gates on each side, and five bridges to cross the moat. In addition, the king also commissioned the Kuthodaw Pagoda, the Pahtan-haw Shwe Thein upasampada hall, the Thudamma Good Dharma or public houses for preaching Buddhism and a library for the Pāli Canon.
Cancellation and no-show policy
- 20% cancellation charge will apply for cancellations within 35 days of the flight date.
- 100% cancellation charge will apply for cancellations less than 10 days before the flight date.
- No-show fees are equivalent to contracted rate for passenger(s) reserved.
- No-show fees are equivalent to selling rate for passenger(s) reserved.
- Flights cancelled by ORIENTAL BALLOONING for safety reasons, inclement or unfavorable weather conditions, or operational difficulties will be refunded in full.